Guides & References
What is autism?
Autism is a lifelong neurodevelopmental disorder that affects the way a person communicates (communication difficulties) and relates to people around them (lacking social interaction).
What are the signs and symptons?
Based on the article written by the experts at the Department of Neonatal & Developmental Medicine, Singapore General Hospital (SGH), an autistic child displays certain behavioural characteristics over a period of time, such as:
- Being uncommunicative
- Having problems speaking or understanding other people
- Being distant or oblivious to surroundings
- Not playing with, or respond to, others
- Displaying uncontrollable temper tantrums
- Insisting on following a routine and engaging in repetitive actions
If you notice any of these signs or have concerns about your child’s development, do consult your doctor.