“Being a single parent is not a life full of struggles, but a journey for the strong. ” - Meg Lowrey -
When you become a SPIN member, you will get different kinds of support:
- A SPIN social worker will meet with you at your home or somewhere you are comfortable, to get to know you better and find out more about the kind of support you need. The social worker will meet with you once every two months for one year.
- A volunteer network, known as “SPIN Ally Network“, will provide practical support to you to ensure higher accessibility to resources, improved ability to make well-informed decisions, and improved socio-emotional support.
- Regular activities for you to enrich and encourage you in your parenting journeys – these sessions will be child-friendly.
- Respite services for you to schedule free time without your children for up to 4 hours on a case by case basis. Children will be taken care of by volunteers, while you attend to your personal activities.
- SPIN portal as a resource tool that provides relevant and up-to-date information to enrich members in knowledge and informed of available community resources.