SPIN members are invited to join a free photography workshop (to be held over two sessions: 2 & 9 June)
You are invited to join a free two-session photography workshop (organised by AWARE) to capture the stories of your homes, in ways only you can.
At this workshop, you will:
- Pick up technical tips and tricks from a professional photographer
- Learn how to write a powerful photo essay and share your own personal story in a creative way
- Meet and share common experiences with others from single-parent families
- Contribute your voice to the national conversation about support for single parents.
A public exhibition for selected photographs will be held in August 2018. Final works will be chosen based on quality of the image and the photo essay’s connection to the theme of the exhibition.
~ Limited slots available, so sign up soon! ~
Date: 2 June (Saturday) and 9 June (Saturday)
Time: 10am – 12.30pm
Venue: AWARE Centre (5 Dover Crescent #01-22 Singapore 130005)
Theme: “This is my home”
What to bring: Your digital camera or mobile phone with a good camera function; writing materials
Participants: Single parents and children of single parents (>10 years old)
- You are/were from a single-parent family (i.e. single parent, or child of a single parent)
- You have a working digital camera OR mobile device with a good camera
- You can attend both sessions
- You are open to producing a photo and accompanying short essay for a public exhibition
Click here to register for the photography workshop!
(Lunch will be provided after each session. Volunteer child-minders will be present. If you are bringing your child along, please write to Nabilah at email@example.com by 28 May.)